We have an exciting opportunity to join our small team as a journalism intern. The ideal candidate must be curious about the world around them and eager to learn to report on health, and produce interesting features.
Role and Responsibilities
- Writing content commissioned by the News Editor
- Pitching well thought out story ideas weekly to News Editor
- Producing in-depth, human interest stories, written and multimedia, with a solutions journalism focus
- Producing shorter news stories, covering press briefings
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite and social media content creation
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Self-motivated, positive, proactive and delivers quality work
- Interest in health and social justice
- Sound writing capability
- Ability to produce multimedia stories
- Multilingual candidates would be preferred
- Strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- University degree or diploma in journalism or a health-related field
Closing date for applications is 5 January 2024
This role is on a full-time basis, requiring around 40 hours per week. We work a hybrid schedule, with 3 days in the office, and 2 days at home. Due to the nature of the job some travelling may be required.
The start date for this role will be 1 February 2024. The duration of the internship is 6 months. There may be a possibility of extension.
Please submit two unedited pieces of your own writing; and a paragraph outlining why you are interested in the role and how you meet the requirements. If you’ve produced a multimedia or video piece, please send a link to firstname.lastname@example.org.