Report: Department of Health Annual Performance Plan
This 100-page report describes the Department of Health’s key performance indicators, strategic objectives and annual targets for 2011/12 to 2013/14.
- HIV and TB as well as maternal, child and women’s health;
- Primary health care services;
- Hospitals, tertiary services and workforce development.
A foreword by Health Minister Dr Aaron Motsoaledi notes specific goals to be achieved by 2014/15, including:
- The roll-out of dedicated obstetric ambulances and maternity waiting homes;
- Supporting regulations to control trans-fatty acids in food stuffs;
- The refurbishment or complete rebuilding of about 122 nursing colleges;
- Providing the country’s poorest children access to oral health as well as early screening to identify learning barriers such as impaired vision and hearing, and delayed cognitive development.
Download the full report: DoH Annual Performance Plan