Fact sheet: South Africa’s HIV programme by numbers
A new fact sheet details the achievements of South Africa’s HIV programme, which initiated more than 600,000 people on antiretroviral treatment in 2014/15.
In the 2014/15 financial year:
- 6.3 million people in South Africa were living with HIV;
- About 9.6 million HIV tests were conducted;
- About 680,000 people were started on antiretrovirals (ARVs);
- About 3.1 million people in total were on ARVs provided by about 3,600 health facilities;
- The country distributed about 712 million male and about 21 million female condoms; and
- About 508,000 men were medically circumcised.
Download the fact sheet: 2014-15 HIV Data Fact Sheet 01 June 2015